Slime can get really messy and can be complicated to make if you don’t know what to do. I am here to make it easy enough for you to do this with your child, with your friend, or whomever. This is a great and easy slime recipe for kids as long as there is an adult present to make sure there is no funny business. I will be showing you how to make marshmallow slime.
What is needed to make marshmallow slime?
- 1 Cup Cornstarch
- 2 – 3 Cup Marshmallows
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Oil of your choice
- Scented flavoring (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Confectionate sugar (optional)
I bet you thought marshmallow slime would just contain marshmallows. Well, it can. If you want the stickiest slime ever, all you need to do is microwave about two cups of marshmallows for under a minute. All the chunks will become one mass and there you have it – a sticky big lump of marshmallow slime. Now, I personally don’t like my hands or face feeling sticky, so if you want to be in the same boat as me, let’s keep it moving.
Directions – Let’s Get Messy
…. Or not. It’s really up to you. You can either prepare everything ahead of time and have your young one(s) mix the ingredients in a bowl or you can show them the entire procedure and turn it into a longer science experiment. Do what works best.
Here are the steps:
- Microwave 2 to 3 cups of marshmallows for under a minute
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil of your choice
- Mix the melted marshmallows with the oil using a spoon
- Add a cup of cornstarch a little at a time and continue to mix
- You will notice the slime growing thicker and less sticky. You can add one more teaspoon of oil to the mixture if you so choose to lessen the stickiness
- You can remove the mixture from the bowl and begin molding with your hands
- There you have it – your edible slime.
If you want to add color or flavor, you can also add a vanilla powder or any food coloring you want. In mine, I added 7 drops of yellow food coloring and 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry extract for a tiny hint of flavor. If you do want to go with flavoring, add dry flavoring to prevent your slime from being sticky. With a dry flavoring, you can add a teaspoon of your desired spice.
Now you can make your own slime!!! Go to it and show everyone what you know. Have a slime making competition and remember, you can always tweak the recipe. If you would like to see other slime recipes be sure to let me know.
Have you made edible slime? What’s your favorite? If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment below.