Product Name: VTech Musical Rhymes Book
Price: Price may vary
Places To Buy: Amazon
Amazon Rating: 4.6 stars out of 5 stars
My Rating: 5 stars out 5 stars
Are you ready to sing? Meee… Meee…Meee…
This nursery rhyme book has many songs you know and love. It does not have the ones you think you love until they takes a dark spin at the end. As for this book, it is very fun to use and the pages are all plastic!!!! That means, not more ripped pages all over the floor! It’s like karaoke in a book! The best part is you don’t need to be a professional singer; you don’t even need to know how to sing.
Children just love to hear you enjoy yourself. When they see you excited, they get exited as well. They will have a more enjoyable time. They also like to enjoy it on their own. It is also great to teach your child independence when working with a toy too. Don’t let them depend on you too much so they can learn how to problem solve and also learn how or when to ask for help. Luckily, this book is very simple and easy to use.
What are the pros?
- The has two modes of music: instrumental and sing along
- It has a piano keys in the form of buttons (you will notice the keys are different colors and different instruments on them which are found in the book)
- There are sliding object and other objects that you can turn around
- There are six pages of songs
- Promotes early reading through song
What are the cons/warnings about this book?
- The fact that the book is plastic, if thrown can cause one to get hurt
- If child does not recognize their finger is in between the pages, their figure can get hurt
- If child engages in motor and or visual stereotypy, they should be prompted to use the item appropriately or not at all if the behavior persists (you can reintroduce it at a later time)
The only con I had, was that it is plastic and one can get hurt from it. There are no pieces that can come apart from the nursery rhyme book, so it is not a choking hazard. There are many ways you can use the VTech Musical Rhymes Book.
With this one book, there are 8+ different things you can do (I can think of more, but I have to let you come up with some too on your own): sing along, sing on your own with music accompaniment, engage in some fine motor skills, play your own music, match the instruments on the keys to where you see them on a particular page, identify what instrument you hear when you press a button, match the color of a piano key to the color of page, play eye spy with the images on in the book. There is just so many ways to use this one book, can you say the same for a cardboard type of book?
I use this book with all my kiddos and it’s a hit every time!
If you do buy this great book, please comment below are share your experience with it. Questions or comments? Leave them below.